Portland Slag Cement, commonly known as PSC, is blended cement. Slag is, essentially, a non-metallic product comprising of more than 90% glass with silicates and alumino-silicates of lime.
At JSW Cement, we use superior quality slag produced at our steel manufacturing plant, conforming to IS: 12089 standards for producing PSC. It is created with a combination of upto 45- 50% slag, 45% – 50% clinker, and 3-5% gypsum. PSC has been voted as the most suitable cement for mass construction because of its low heat of hydration.
PSC’s inherent chemistry gives it several advantages over ordinary cement. Apart from being more environment-friendly, it offers;
- Ultimate compressive strength
- Excellent resistance to Chloride & Sulphate attacks
- Low risk of cracking
- Improved workability
- Better compatibility with all types of admixtures
- Superior finish
- Ease of pumping
- Better resistance against alkali-silica reaction
- Minimised shrinkage cracks
JSW PSC(Premium Slag Cement)